Join the Rescue Village team and make
a difference in your life and in the life of the animals! Rescue
Village is a premier animal welfare agency located in Northeast
Ohio and has 30 employees. Located in Geauga
County, the agency is recognized for its animal care and adoption
programs, Humane Education department, and progressive philosophy.
Full and part-time job opportunities may
become available throughout the year. Rescue Village is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Events & Marketing Specialist
Full Time- Salaried- Exempt
Full of ideas? Innovative? Energetic and organized? Love animals? Love people? This is a wonderful opportunity to work with a great team and for a great mission at Rescue Village. Responsibilities of the Event & Marketing Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Special events – help coordinate RV events. Work with committee and Development Director to manage event details.
- Prepare reports.
- Support volunteer committees.
- Initiate invite design and “save the date.”
- Manage ticket sales and event fundraising
- Maintain organized storage areas for event supplies.
- Coordinate public relations efforts (including all media: newspaper, magazines, television and radio).
- Prepare a media plan annually.
- Write press releases – related to special events & community support.
- Oversee the Rescue Village Reporter newsletter production.
- Revise, update and improve website.
- Manage social media marketing.
- Maintain organized office and files.
- Keep accurate records.
- Stick to deadlines and timelines
- Manage budgets.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
Qualifications—College degree and demonstrated work experience in the area of marketing and events. Knowledge of Excel, mail merges, online fundraising platforms, FB, Instagram, Twitter. Photoshop a plus. Non-profit experience a plus. Detail oriented, excellent writing skills and presentation ability, computer experience and organizational skills necessary. Self-starter who has the ability to work effectively with varied committees as well as work as a professional team member.
Please send cover letter, resume, 3 professional references, a writing sample (300 words) answering “If you could do anything in the world, what would you do?”
Please submit application to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 440.338.4855